Monday 15 September 2014

Creative Blog Hop

My friend Veronica asked me to take part in this blog hop, so here I am! I am supposed to answer four questions, so here they are!
1. What am I working on now?

Well that's easy, like most other crafters I'm busy with Christmas stuff. I have a couple of events coming up that I need stock for, so I am spending my time in an inky, glittery world of my own.

2. How does it differ from others in my genre?

Now that is a bit harder. My blog is called Craft Eclectia because I don't stick to one specific type of crafting. I am mainly involved with papercraft, but I also knit, crochet and paint (but I'm rubbish at painting!) However within papercrafting I like to mix up techniques, there is often an element of parchment craft on my cards. I also have no problems with crafting with kits, however I always put my own spin on them.

3. Why do I create what I do?

Well simply because I cannot imagine a life where I am not creating things.

4. How does my creative process work?

I don't really have a process. Sometimes I just get an idea out of the blue, sometimes I see a stamp and instantly know what I want to do with it, but mostly I just play!

So the photo I am talking about today is a card topper made from a Brusho  background.
I spritzed some water onto a tile, added a few Brusho colours (just a few, any more than four and it all gets a bit murky, and you only need a tiny amount of the crystals). Spritz it again, then go and make a coffee whilst it all mingles and does its inky thing.
After a couple of minutes mop up the tile with a piece of watercolour card.
Leave it to dry and then stamp on top, using a permanent ink (I used black Archival). At this point I have to confess that the moon being left white was a happy accident, but should you not be so lucky, a bit of bleach will sort you out.
You can then go in and add a bit of definition and shading with pro markers, and because I love glitter I put some one the birds.

So it was quite easy, but I was pleased with the result, I think that trick is to do your Brusho background and then decide which stamp will suit it, rather that the other way round.
Thank you for taking the time to look at this post, I do hope its OK, I'm not at home today, so I'm posting this from my phone, never done that before. Please feel free to leave a comment, and thank you to Veronica (vroncards) for nominating me.

6 comments:

  1. Great post Moira, I enjoyed reading about your crafty journey, your card is amazing, so arty, love it xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zoe, coming from you that is praise indeed!

      Delete
  2. thanks Moira. - love the card, that stamp works really well with the brushos

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this card never heard of brusho I wonder how I can find out what it is thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely to hear from someone so passionate and motivated, and what beautiful pieces to boot!

    ReplyDelete