Sunday 24 March 2013

A wonderful way to spend a Saturday!

Last weekend, Janet and I went off on a little jolly to Kent, we visited several craft venues, and then on Saturday we spent a wonderful day with the incredible Eileen Godwin, whose blog is http://eileenscraftyzone.blogspot.co.uk. We had a fabulous time with Eileen and all the lovely ladies who attended the workshop. It was a Pan Pastel workshop, which is a medium I had only worked with once before, so I was delighted to have some expert tuition and below you can see what I managed to make.
 These two were done with pans and stencils, and a bit of stamping. The fairy castle was my first attempt, and I got a bit more brave with colour by the second!

This one was done using the peel-offs as a mask, pans over the top, then removing the peel-offs to reveal the white card, then we reused the peel-off to make the decoupaged flower and leaf, I left the peel-off in place for this, but Eileens original had white edges.

This one is my favourite, the circles were made using a circle cut in a piece of copy paper and panning through the aperture, the butterfly was a die cut that we stamped onto, and then there is a bit of Frantage on there as well. If you ever get the chance to go to one of Eileens workshops grap it with both hands!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your Blog .... fantastic you will have such fun!
    I hope you and Janet come back to see us and I hope to see you when I get hubby to book us a holiday near you ... we have a huge caravan that we go away in ... The two girls as well but not the ***** ferret!! lol Super post and super work ... thank you for the links and lovely comments !
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete